Thursday, October 15, 2015

Chronicle: “Bye, Facebook!” – 99mac

Our editor Ida Lindkvist has tired of battery thief Facebook and finally took the plunge and upgraded app from their phone.

Apple borrowed a good thing to IOS 8 from Android when they introduced the ability to see the battery consumption per app. Direct I noticed that the # Facebook usually topping the list in my Iphone and so it has remained although I am not a particularly heavy user. I am not alone to disturb me in the here and now and then I read tips on how to reduce Facebook’s impact on battery life as I eagerly testing.

  • Even though I turned off the light updates keep this app on just that almost seven hours in a week!

  • One, two, three – I do now!

To switch off the video plays automatically every such tips that unfortunately, had limited impact on Facebook’s battery consumption, another was to turn off background updates, while a third was about that it is probably best to have background updates on anyway.

The only thing I wonder about is how Facebook will get away with this? One such giant companies should really have the resources to get to a fantastic iOS app. The only reasonable at this point is that they do not want.

So after many attempts and update downloads, I am now at the final solution. Bye, Facebook! Now I have deleted the app from my phone. I let the Messenger, Pages and Groups remain until further notice and I must really into Facebook I may well open up Safari. Hopefully I get more battery for other things to come.

Battery Thief?

Which app uses the most battery your unit? Please comment below!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment