Sunday, January 17, 2016

Contractor: “We rowed to Norway in a large wooden boat” – Swedish Dagbladet

Alexander Pärleros. Photo: Breakit

When Alexander Pärleros was 14, he marched into McDonalds and said he wanted to work there. He told me that he worked as effectively as two people – and got the job despite her young age. At that time he lived with his mother and two siblings in Vega in Haninge. The father disappeared out of the picture already when Alexander Pärleros was two years.

– I grew up in a poor family, it was pretty tough conditions. Therefore, I wanted to start working, to be able to afford to do the same things as others. While the friends’ parents could easily pay for swimming camp so I had to go around and sell everything from Panda stuff to Bingo Lottery to afford to comply with. But my mom has really struggled so I have great respect for. And I felt enormous pride when I earned the money, he said.

We meet at Stureplan, where Alexander Pärleros has its office. This is also in Östermalm he lives since several years. That there is a class trip he made hardly needs to be pointed out.

Even as a 22-year-old could Alexander Pärleros pick out closer to 200,000 in monthly salary in sales at SBS Radio.

– It is clear that in the beginning it was really cool to be able to buy the apartment here and of course I have taken both a Porsche, traveled extensively and bought expensive watches. But I would not say I’ve changed so much as a person, except that I got more confidence and experience. It has always been important to remain humble and help all I can. I feel good, for example, handing out food to the homeless and to help young entrepreneurs.

Recently sold Alexander Pärleros its shares in Mobilio which he started in 2012 with funding from Schibsted. But it is perhaps mainly Framgångspodden that he has become a household name. Since last April, it has become section 41 interview with famous entrepreneurs, sports profiles and artists. Pod has become a success in itself and has 500,000 listeners a month.

Calls are often personal – the critical issues are however few.

– I is not investigative journalism but I only want to record a positive podcasts. Pod is designed to pay tribute to Sweden’s and the world’s heroes and that listeners will be positive and inspiring. I think many feel that it adds much more than other pods, there are many cool stories, great guests and we spend a lot of time to cut up sections.

The goal has always been to be the best, whether it comes to eating, playing or working. Anyone who googles Alexander Pärleros can read about him in an article in Expressen in 2009. Then he became Swedish champions in eating hamburger. At only an hour at his eight 200-gram down.

– I have raced with friends and once ate 38 pancakes, another time 110 meatballs and I have drunk 4.5 liters of milk and eaten 50 slices crispbread on time. That will be the best think I’m going to, I always had to fight.

When it came time to do national elected Alexander Pärleros between becoming FROGMAN or coastal hunters. He chose the first training since very few can handle it and get looking for are accepted. That year he describes as one of the most important for their development.

– Where did you really know what tough is, and what I do, today it is not even close to what we did there. We rowed including among others to Norway in a large wooden boat in 16 hours and 38 minutes, we released seven kilometers into the ocean and had to swim seven kilometers in and we had to sit on the bottom until someone told us to come to the surface.

When the military training was nearing the end put Alexander Pärleros in the galley and wondered what he would do next. Then he saw that TV4 searched seller so he applied for the job but was refused because of her young age.

– They saw that I still had a desire and fervor so I kept in touch with the recruiter. After a while, they called and told me that SBS Radio searched sellers and that I would throw at me a suit, go to the interview at 9 o’clock the next morning and do my best.

When the clock was 17 and Alexander Pärleros did not even own a suit. He had to take part of their muck contributions and go straight to Åhléns where he bought a suit for 5,000 kronor.

– I got the job, and the next day I handed back the suit and had a few days for me to find a new at a discounted price. I was determined to go on the most meetings, come first, go last and work the hardest. I had double handsfree and rang from the desktop phone and mobile phone simultaneously.

It took a month and a half before it came off. But once it did it was properly. Alexander Pärleros crushed quickly the budget was set at SEK 3.5 million and only two years later, he was 23 years old picking out over 2 million in salary. In 2011 he was named the year’s sales of Bonnier’s annual competition.

– I think part of the success was because I not only went in to sell, but spent much time in building relationships. I often heard of my customers just to ask how they were doing and went more to really help them.

In April 2010 when Alexander Pärleros still working as media sellers, started his first company called Mobile Money. He had heard about a company in England where customers could send in their old phones and getting paid for it.

– I thought it was a brilliant idea for how many bothered to sell the phone via the block? So I called a few venture capitalists, asked if they wanted to be and so we started. Then I sold in my interests to them and started Mobilio.

The idea to comparison site for mobile arose because of Alexander Pärleros the expensive phone bills that often landed at upwards of 10,000 kronor a month.

– At that time, it cost 69 cents per minute and 300 free minutes. I talked on the phone all the time and had printed A4 paper with all my clients on double sides and size 6 in the font. So in all situations I could, I sat and called – when I ran, walked or drove the car. On average, I had 14 meetings a week during these years.

When Schibsted heard about his plans for Mobilio so they contacted him and wanted to be with. In the original position the parties shared 50/50 ownership but that it might not have been if Alexander Pärleros not insisted. The negotiations took six months.

– At the first meeting, I was sitting with their two investment managers, and we decided that we liked each other. They wrote up 91 on the board and explained that this is how many percent they wanted. Then I said ‘it’s time for me to counter’, got up and pulled off one of the finger and said ‘here we start our negotiations.

Recently posted Breakit that Alexander Pärleros has now sold its Shares in the company to the Norwegian media giant. The parties have chosen not to disclose the purchase price.

The focus going forward is to find interesting startups to invest in, preferably in Fintech.

– I really look the future in the banking and finance, everything that can be digitized will be digitized. So at first, I will put my time in tech but in the future I think I will go even further to the philanthropist-direction. I am very passionate about animal rights.

It is not hard to believe at Alexander Pärleros when he says that he never had a private number and a job number. The boundary between work and leisure is namely liquid and it is easy to wonder if he has not become burned out sometime.

– If I could sleep three hours and just munch fries, I could burn out in two weeks . But I jaws, sleep and exercise at regular times, and then I’m not burned out. The brain does not know if one sits and looks at friends or on an Excel spreadsheet. The only brain senses is how you feel. So no, I’ve never been burned out and never will be.

And that’s not small way he trains. His previous race swum for ten years but nowadays it is martial arts that apply. He is Swedish champion in shootfighting and VM-third in amateur MMA.

– The two people go into a cage and then it’s one that goes out, it’s the sickest and most extreme sense. I always like to challenge myself in all situations. If I see a dark and a light path when I’m out running so I always take the dark. It is a mindset I try to take with me everywhere.

Profile | Alexander Pärleros

Age: 30th

Raised : Haninge.

Live Ostermalm.

Family: Sambo.

Training: IHM Business School.

Career highlights: FROGMAN, media sellers on SBS Radio, founder of Mobilio and Framgångspodden, lecturer and adviser at Almi .

Works best : After I practiced an early morning workouts.

The perfect day: When I train in the morning between 6:30 7:30 and then I go to work and have about three meetings. Often I work out something in the evening, reading a book and answering emails.

Favoritapp: Blinkist having short versions of lots of books and audio books.

übers Swedish star:” We were young, cool and underdogs “

breakit.se

Sweden’s own startup mom : 2016 would be women in the tech industry

breakit.se

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment