Monday, November 23, 2015

Google’s Country Manager Sweden resigns – Dagens Industri

After less than two years as Country Manager Sweden for Google says Anders Berglund themselves. “We did not have the same agenda,” he says about his former employer.

Anders Berglund began as head of Google in Sweden in 2014. Before that he worked as sales director at media group Schibsted.

“It clearly there are a number of companies that I know and as I have a dialogue with, but I have been limited as long as I’ve worked at Google. Now I can start looking at exactly what to do next, says Anders Berglund.

The decision is a schism of local versus global governance of sökjätten, he says:

“Any decision you want to make yourself a small market is not always possible to implement in a large organization with global structures. I would have liked to do more things, but sometimes it is not exactly the same agenda. It is something I have been thinking sometimes. “

Anders Berglund is not clear with any new employer yet.

“There is a lot one can do as digitized an impact in very many industries now. But nothing is clear and we will see what will be my next step. I do not hurry.”

Would you be willing to start their own business?

“It is obviously an option. Of course I’ve thought about it. Then I also worked as a manager for many large companies, and to do it again would be really cool in many ways. Both routes I keep open right now. I do not want to close any doors, “he says.

Google has in Sweden both a development organization and a sales organization. Anders Berglund’s main mission has been Google’s sale of corporate solutions and advertising space in Sweden.

As Country Manager Sweden, he is pleased to have given the Swedish Google more visibility in the international organization . He addressed, including the newly launched Google for Entrepreneurs as an example of that:

“We do a lot of things now that we did not do when I came in and I think this is fun. That one has contributed something concrete. We have a much heavier focus on the customer now that I have driven very hard. I have also worked hard to position Sweden in Google so that we get to do many things in our country, “he says.

David Sneddon, business area manager for Google in Germany, will temporarily take over the role of Country Manager Sweden, until a permanent replacement is found.

Peter Friis, head of Google in Northern Europe, writes in a commentary:

“Anders has been a valuable leader and colleague and it is sad that he is leaving Google. I want to thank him for having successfully driven the development of the Swedish Organization since he took office, and I wish him all the best for the future and his next challenge. “

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment