Monday, August 8, 2016

Joanna, 28: Values ​​want me to die – Nyheter24

Since I have bipolar disorder, so I sometimes dips, and summer has always been a time when I’ve felt worse. The last few weeks I have felt how I sunk deeper and deeper, and today was no longer so I called the psychiatric emergency department.

There I was talking to a very nice nurse who thought that I would come in for an assessment. So I sat in the car and drove 10 mil to Karlstad and left the comfort of my parents.

Had to wait for about an hour and then I see the doctor. After five minutes, he thinks that I can go home then he should send an urgent referral to outpatient care. Medications could not change there they must be followed up, but that’s what I came there from the beginning.

Since I could maintain eye contact and had such self-discovery as he thought that the situation was stable, but I had obviously come back if I felt I needed it.

But I came back faster than he had anticipated with because I only had time outside the door so I break up the phone with dad. My friend Carolina can throw into the car and go and find me. Meanwhile, she called and said that we will return and when we will see not particularly amused out.

The first thing the doctor says is “You can notify us of this if you want. “, with the cocky attitude.

After a long conversation I get kicked out a second time, but the doctor points out that I’m not kicked out. I welcome back whenever I want. But when you have been sent home twice in a day though you say you want to hurt yourself, so the risk is quite small that I pick up the phone next time.

The only thing they could offer me was to go home or sick to travel to my parents in Hagfors. To be in was not an option though both I and Carolina sat and said that we are afraid of what will happen if I left myself. And I sit and say I could kill myself if I want even if my parents sitting in the next room, is nothing they care about. Eventually the doctor so tired of Carolina interfered so he went without even saying goodbye.

Before he left, I said: “It feels like you want me to go home and die so that you will have one less “. So there really was not the doctor said, yet they could not offer me any more help than phone calls and to come back. “We do not want you to hurt yourself or get hurt, we want to help you,” they still send the home I though I said I would go home and do just that.

I have nine suicide attempts in the luggage and the last just a year ago. And it was the same thing when I sought help but had not until I got there in the ambulance.

Is this the Swedish mental health care should look like? For me it’s quiet because I am in safe custody at the home of Carolina but not all have people around him who captures when a fall. And it’s so damn sick joke, it’ll go like this.

Please share this article on so we once and for all show how Swedish mental health goes to, and hopefully reach it to the ones who decide. For a change must take place before more people die.

Joanna Halvardsson

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment