Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Another KI top resigns after scandal – Aftonbladet

Another senior KI researchers have resigned after scandals surrounding surgeon Paolo Macchiarini.

“It is clear that Kl now need to go through a period of self-examination” writes Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren, Karolinska Institute’s dean of research.

After the scandals surrounding Paolo Macchiarini also depart Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren, Karolinska Institute’s Dean of research, writes Läkartidningen.

“It is obvious that the recent commotion surrounding Macchiarini affair has eroded hard on our organization, our employees, as well as myself. It is also clear that Kl now need to go through a period of self-examination, “writes Ljunggren in a request dismissal.



” What could I have done better? “

The last time it has stormed greatly around the Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska hospital when it was revealed that the researcher and surgeon Paolo Macchiarini who operated in synthetic stamcellsbeklädda trachea plastic in several patients. Two of the patients died and the third cherished for many years in intensive care in New York.

“I ask myself the questions: What could I have done that I have not done? What could I have done better? I know these are issues, among many others, as you are now with the power grab. You should feel that you have all my support in this, “writes Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren on to the now Acting President Karin Dahlman-Wright.

Commenting on the Karolinska Institutet intranet writes Karin Dahlman-Wright:

“Hans-Gustaf Ljunggren has made great use of KI in his role as dean of research, but I fully understand his request. The academic leadership capacity at KI has deteriorated sharply in recent events, for this reason, I need to consider when dismissal can be done and how it should be implemented. “



The headmaster resigned

A few weeks then finished also President of Karolinska Institutet, Anders Hamsten.

“in response to the criticism that followed the so-called Macchiarini affair, I have come to the conclusion that it is difficult for me to credibility and force to act as principal. Therefore I set my seat available, “he pronounced then in a press release.

Macchiarini suspected of aggravated manslaughter. Right now he is being investigated for scientific misconduct transplant of artificial trachea.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment